Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Online dating and SVU

So I'm watching an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. The SVU deals with sex crimes and this episode is about a serial killer who actually courts his victims and gets to know them before he rapes and kills them.

It's the last commercial break before the close of the episode and the first commercial is for Match.com. Now I ask you, what was Match.com thinking? My first thought as the commercial scrolled through, first date, first fight, first kiss and the visuals related to these stages was those women in the SVU episode being courted, having their first fight, etc.

YUCK! Not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh God, not good at all! I once saw a Lovestruck.com advert when I was watching the BBC News. The last report before the ad break was about an online dating scam, but I guess you never know what's going to be on the news. Unlucky for Lovestruck, silly by Match.