Monday, March 3, 2008

The Good News

I had a mammogram this morning. The first post-cancer treatment mammo has to be looked at by a radiologist before they’ll let you leave the center. Mine was looked at. When the tech came back with the news, it was "Everything's fine. See you in a year."

That's it? No bells, whistles, streamers, dancing bears, what? So you'll have to make up your own.

Meanwhile, will you forgive me if I don't go into the office today? I'm just too jazzed by the good news to settle down to something productive. I want to read, I want to write, draw, paint. So please forgive me. And I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Peace, and please remember to party, because sometimes the news is just that good!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Let's all join Lois in doing the HAPPY DANCE!!! Thanks Be To God!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lois, Barbara, John and Dorothy, Betty and Friends at Grace Episcopal Church:

David and I moved to Roanoke VA in June of 2007. I am serving two United Methodist Churches here.
What a delight to get your Grace Happens newsletter today +read your website. WONDERFUL NEWS, LOIS. ALLELUIA!!! I just wanted to add how much I appreciated my time with you way back when in 1995, and the occasional intersections with you all from time to time. You are blessed to be a blessing. With love to you all and HAPPY EASTER (Yes, I know it's still Lent, but still, ALLELUIA AND HAPPY EASTER!).
With love and appreciation of GEC.
Liz Mortlock (Elizabeth.Mortlock@gmail.com)