Monday, March 16, 2009

Great news!

This morning I had my second "routine" mammogram, post breast cancer treatment. The results: A PERFECT SCORE!!!! The tech said, "See you next year"! It doesn't get much better than that.

I am relieved. I also know women who tell me every time they have their own "routine" mammogram or MRI, post breast cancer. No matter how many years out we are from the year of diagnosis, surgery and treatments, it is the same. Anxiety, followed by great relief, to the point of tears of relief.

I know everyone is glad for me. I also know that those who share this history with me, and those whose partners or spouses share the same memories as my beloved partner has, can really know what this relief is like and what it means. Thank you, my fellow travelers in the world of breast cancer, for your support, and thank you, the rest of you for your prayers. May you never have to know what this morning feels like - ever.